Advocate is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest.
Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care with 12 hospitals, including five of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, five Level I trauma centers (the state’s highest designation in trauma care), three Level II trauma centers, one of the area’s largest home health and hospice companies and one of the region’s largest medical groups.
The nonprofit, mission-based health system was formed in 1995 when the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ combined. Based in Downers Grove, Ill., Advocate contributed $783 million in charitable care and services to communities across Chicagoland and Central Illinois in 2014.
Expertise through experience
Research shows there is a positive relationship between the number of procedures performed and quality outcomes. Advocate’s experience makes it the trusted health care leader in Illinois:
Education & Environment
Advocate Health Care has the state’s largest physician network of primary care physicians, specialists and sub-specialists. Advocate is dedicated to creating career-development opportunities in a positive work environment.
- Among Chicagoland’s largest employers with more than 35,000 associates, including 6,300 affiliated physicians and nearly 10,000 nurses.
- Academic and teaching affiliations with all major universities in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
- Trains more primary care physicians and residents at its four teaching hospitals – Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate BroMenn Medical Center – than any other health system in the state.
- One of the Best Places to Work in Illinois as recognized by the Business Ledger.
Honors & Achievements
Advocate’s mission to provide the highest level of care available has resulted in a series of
- Six Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC): Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Good Samaritan, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital.
- Five Advocate Health Care hospitals were named among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2015: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.