Exceptional Environment for Outstanding Outcomes
Advocate Health Care makes a difference. Integrating advanced therapies, clinical experience and coordinated care makes us a leader in Illinois, the Midwest and the nation. Advocate’s commitment to supporting physician development consistently produces innovative solutions for complex conditions. We have a profound impact on our patients’ well-being, lifestyle, and relationships.
Recognized as a Leader
Advocate Health Care is ranked #5 in the Top 100 Integrated Delievery Networks (IDNs) by IMS Health.
Advocate is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and we are one of Chicagoland’s largest employers, including 6,300 affiliated physicians and nearly 10,000 nurses.
Advocate Health Care has the state’s largest physician network of primary care physicians, specialists and sub-specialists.
Six Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) including, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital. Magnet status represents hospital-wide teamwork and dedication to creating a positive environment, which helps attract the best physicians and nurses, resulting in better overall care for our patients.
In 2014, five Advocate Health Care hospitals were named among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, including Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
Comprehensive & Innovative
First and foremost, Advocate Health Care is a clinical enterprise. Advocate continues to pioneer innovative methods for providing the highest quality care in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. The result is a wide-reaching system of coordinated care that produces outstanding clinical outcomes for more people than any other system or hospital in Illinois.
Advocate Heart Institute
- Advocate Heart Institute is one of Illinois’ most comprehensive heart programs. Our more than 350 cardiovascular specialists perform more than 20,000 heart procedures each year.
- Our pediatric cardiology program at Advocate Children’s Hospital is internationally recognized, drawing patients and their families from around the world.
- The South Asian Cardiovascular Center at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is the first center of its kind in the Midwest designed to serve the South Asian community outreach, culturally sensitive advanced clinical services, and research.
- Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive pediatric network in Illinois.
- We are ranked among the nation’s Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report in the areas of cardiology and heart surgery as well as neonatology.
- Advocate treats more pediatric patients than any other hospital or system in the state.
- Advocate Health Care hospitals have achieved national recognition for advancements in cancer therapies and technologies.
- We remain on the forefront of advancement with more than 150 active treatment cancer research studies throughout the system.
- Advocate is one of four in Illinois to offer CyberKnife radiosurgery. We have achieved breakthrough results as the first in Illinois to treat lung cancers using the advanced robotic system.
- Advocate diagnoses and treats more cancer patients than any other hospital or system in Illinois.
- Our breast cancer program treats more than 2,000 woman with newly diagnosed breast cancer each year.
- Advocate Health Care is recognized among the nation’s best for providing exceptional neurological services.
- We offer leading-edge treatments for stroke, brain injuries and spinal traumas.
- Advocate has the largest emergency and Level I Trauma network in Illinois.
- We feature five Level I and three Level II
Medical Education and Research
- Advocate has primary academic affiliations with Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School, and the University of Illinois, College of Medicine.
- Our four teaching hospitals include Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- We train more than 600 residents/fellows every year and provide more than 1,600 medical student rotations annually.
- We offer clinical research opportunities that give patients access to medications, leading-edge technologies and treatment options that may be unavailable at other hospitals.
Learn how top physicians advance their careers with Advocate: